At approximately 1PM on November 14, the Fredericton Fire Department arrived at Joy Kidd residence on Fredericton Campus. 


“I was sitting in my room and for about 15 minutes there was a weird smell. It kind of smelled like a barbeque, but I thought it was just somebody cooking in the kitchen or something,” said Razan, the student living in the room that caught fire. “I was slowly realizing ‘oh, that’s in my room’, but I didn’t think much of it.” 


Razan alerted UNB Security who called the Fire Department.


“They just threw out my potted plant, so I’m assuming that it was burning and they extinguished something on my desk.”

This story will be updated as more information becomes available.