Applications are due March 2, 2018 at 11:59 P.M.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three writing samples to email@example.com.
- Feature-length articles (two per magazine) for The Brunswickan as assigned or approved by the Features Editor
- Researches the background and gathers facts
- Interviews people to uncover facts and solicit opinions
- Writes an article or a series of articles on the event ensuring the facts are reliable and defensible and that the content meets the standards of the newspaper
- May on occasion assist with writing stories for online
- Must be a student at UNB Fredericton or St. Thomas University
- Research and analytical skills
- Interviewing skills
- Interpersonal skills including tact and judgment
- Effective writing skills
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and syntax
- Tenacity for uncovering the facts
- Ability to see, understand and report a balanced viewpoint
- Knowledge of computer software systems for word processing